David H. Sandler, Founder of Sandler Selling System
The year was 1966. He was in outside sales and had just gone on 87 calls and gotten 87 consecutive noes. He was fed up with the traditional enthusiastic presentations and high-pressure closing tactics. They didn’t feel right, and they certainly didn’t work.
He decided to take control of the sales call, his results, and ultimately, his career. The resulting Sandler Selling System has become the most popular, efficient, and effective way to sell.
Traditional Selling Problems
Getting used and abused by prospects fishing for unpaid consulting.
Hearing premature noes or “I want to think it over.”
A Solution is Born
- David Sandler teamed up with a clinical psychologist and designed an approach to sales that would break the traditional stereotypes of salespeople.
- It would focus on mutual respect, clarity, and qualifying decisions.
- And finally, it would take the pressure off the salesperson and the prospect, so that both parties can enjoy the process!
The Sandler Selling System
1. Building and sustaining the relationship
- You will learn how to take the lead in the buyer/seller dance, set clear expectations, and establish guidelines for the ultimate decision, all while establishing an open, honest relationship.
2. Qualifying the opportunity
- You will learn how you, the salesperson, will determine if there is a good fit with the prospect’s needs, budget, and decision-making process and timeline.
3. Closing the sale
- Should the prospect qualify for your solution, then you will learn how to make a no-pressure presentation, confirm the agreement, and set expectations for delivery and referrals.
Our Sales Experts Will Guide You Through The Entire Process
Why Salespeople Fail... and what you can do about it.
Salespeople and their managers learn how to see sales as a system that can be mastered to take control of each call and their career.
The Concept Of Reinforcement Training
Allow participants time to shift their attitude.
Develop better habits and behaviours.
Provide opportunities for participants to practice techniques.
AttitudeYour perception, beliefs, and outlook about yourself, your organisation, and the marketplace have a huge impact on how you sell and what you are willing to do to succeed in sales.
BehaviourYour goals, plans, and actions determine you often you do the right things at the right time and place. It is a result of your discipline, vitality, and guts that determine how quickly and consistently you will succeed.
TechniqueYour strategies, tactics and personal presence while executing your behaviours impact the effectiveness of those actions. It can have a dramatic effect on your overall success and affect your attitude over time.
You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar
Sales professionals and teams that follow these principles—and others outlined in the book—will transform themselves from mediocre performers into selling superstars.